Sunday, August 10, 2014

2014-2015 Western Theme Classroom

Another year, another theme!  This year, our 6th graders are going to be excited to be in class with a WESTERN theme!  Enjoy!





These are posters of our Boys Town Social Skills.  Next to the Sheriff character, I have posted positive (Yee-Haw!) and Negative (Whoa!) consequences! 



One of my favorite signs in my room.  It is hard to read, but it says "What happens in the barn, stays in the barn!"




These hats are based off of Edward deBono's 6 Thinking Hats that will provide higher level thinking!


One of my favorite things is to reward students positively.  With having five different core classes, Cooperation Grids allow me the ease in management to do this.  When a student does anything that is worth recognizing, they will get to sign their name in a square.  When their class has filled up their grid, we will draw for prizes.  Usually the prizes are books, a coupon for a free book out of our next book order, gum, sugar-free sour lifesavers, and an iTunes gift card!  I will add more this year!


Our library area!


My handy husband built a covered wagon to go over my bathtub!


"Wanted:  READ or Alive!"  Currently, the wanted posters display our state's Golden Sower Award nominees.  This will be swapped out later for other books that students will recommend.


One thing I learned last year is that students need to be taught how to respond to questions being asked.  They need to back up their response with EVIDENCE from the text.  This board will house useful tips on how to do that properly!



Every year, I try to buy a new chair to match my theme.  This year, it was this beauty!  This is a Cozy Sac bean bag chair!  I hope the kids love it!


My desk (home) area!



A view from the door!



I am going to post pictures throughout the year of the FUN we have in Language Arts or 6th grade!


Another project by my hubby!  He cut out these silhouettes and painted them for me!  They look so cool in person!


I hope you enjoyed my classroom this year!

To see other GREAT classrooms, check out Just a Primary Girl's Linky Party with other classroom tours!



3 comments:

  1. I love the cowboy hats!!!
    Becky (Kinder Korner)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Panning for Gold Students - where can we find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does it say under each cowboy hat?

    ReplyDelete