Some of you are new to using google docs in blogs (I know I JUST learned how to embed my files, so I am fairly new myself), so I thought I send you to a GREAT tutorial that a friend of mine posted on her blog: 2ndin1st
As you can see, you just simply have to click on the “box-in-a-box!” This will take you to the google docs page where you can then download my file!
If you have your own blog and you would like to learn how to embed a document (this means that people will see the picture of your document on your blog!!!), here are the steps:
- Upload your document onto google docs.
- Click on your document name to open it (you will see your actual document and what it looks like)
- To the right, you will see an option with a url to embed into a webpage or a blog. COPY this URL
- Open your blog and create a new post
- Type any instructions you would like to type in your message.
- UNDERNEATH where you type your message, there will be an option called “Post Options.” Click on this!
- Change the Edit HTML line breaks by selecting the following:
Use <br /> tags
- Change compose setting to “interpret Typed HTML”
- In your message, paste the url from your document where you want it to appear…IMPORTANT…you might need to skip a line after your message and after your url to have your url be its own “paragraph.” This made a difference the first time I attempted to embed a document!
- Click “Preview” and you should see you document appear in your blog!
Let me know in the comments if you are still having trouble downloading my documents or if you were successful in getting your document to show up in your own blog!!!